Shalem High Schools
SINAI’s Rabbi Mark & Linda Karasick Shalem High Schools serve students who are classified with developmental and intellectual disabilities, including autism, social/emotional challenges, Down’s Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and neurological disabilities. Enrollment at our Shalem high schools is optional through age 21.
Each of our Shalem High Schools partners with and is embedded within a mainstream yeshiva high school. The functional academic program at Shalem High Schools is designed to prepare our students for rich and productive adult lives.
Our goals are:
- To provide a functional education that stretches students’ minds while promoting future success
- To foster independence
- To enhance social integration
- To strengthen communication, advocacy and social skills
- To develop Jewish affiliation and pride
We have three Shalem High Schools, located in Teaneck, NJ:
- SINAI Shalem at TABC serves boys ages 14-18
- SINAI Shalem at Ma’ayanot serves girls ages 14-21
- SINAI Shalem at Heichal HaTorah serves boys ages 18-21 with an emphasis on vocational preparedness and life skills
Shalem Students: In Their Own Words
Thank you for always believing in our son. Thank you for shaping him into who he is today.