What makes our approach to special education so UNIQUELY worthy of your support?
- INDIVIDUALIZATION. SINAI creates a completely individualized program for every single child.
- WHOLE CHILD. SINAI creates each child’s individualized program with all of his or her needs in mind: academic, social, and emotional.
- SMALL CLASSES. Classes average between 5-9 children, dividing into even smaller groups for most instruction, with 1-4 students per teacher for any given subject.
- INCLUSION BY DESIGN™. Inclusion means something different for each individual, but we thoughtfully design each child’s day to maximize his or her inclusion within the partner school community.
- COLLABORATIVE THERAPEUTIC MODEL. Our therapists both “pull out” and “push into” the classrooms, working within the class setting and advising the teachers on an ongoing basis. Therapies include Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Behavioral Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, and Psychological services.
- COMMUNICATION WITH PARENTS. Our communication with parents is an active dialogue. We provide progress updates on a regular basis, giving parents frequent feedback and suggestions and responding promptly to information or concerns from parents.
- EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE. The children at SINAI Schools don’t simply receive an outstanding special education; they receive an outstanding education, period. SINAI Schools is the only Jewish Special Education school to be accredited by the prestigious Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and it remains at the forefront of special education for children of all ages.
- JEWISH EDUCATION. This excellent, individualized special education is set within a Jewish environment, and incorporates an outstanding Jewish education.
But with this uniquely special education comes a heavy financial burden.
- To meet the unique and specific needs of each of our students, we provide highly individualized programming, specialized services, and a 1:2 professional-to-student ratio. This makes our cost per child staggeringly high.
- The extraordinary costs that we undertake unfortunately translate into a burdensome tuition.
- Notwithstanding the enormous costs, for many children SINAI is the only special education choice in our community. Children travel to SINAI Schools from all over the NY metropolitan region because of the uniqueness of our program.
Your compassion and generosity enables us to continue to provide this uniquely special education to the children who need us.