In Music Therapy at SINAI, music is used within a therapeutic relationship to address our students’ physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs. Our Board Certified Music Therapist develops safe and therapeutic relationships with the students while engaging them in a variety of music therapy experiences based on their needs and abilities. These include singing, playing musical instruments, creating or re-creating songs and music, listening to music, music/song lyric analysis, clinical music improvisation, music learning, movement to music, and relaxation through music.
Our Music Therapy program is individually tailored to meet each child’s specific needs, and some of our goals include:
- Facilitating the development of communication and speech
- Improving motor skills
- Developing and advancing social skills
- Promoting cooperation and the ability to work with others
- Increasing students sense of value and self-worth
- Addressing emotional health and well-being
- Developing and increasing the ability to regulate emotions
- Improving frustration tolerance
- Promoting and advancing the skills needed to fully participate in other aspects of the educational setting
Through this process, we find that our students walk away with a new and enhanced love of music, and skills that will carry them through their educational experiences.
SINAI Schools gratefully acknowledges AJ and Leah Schreiber for establishing and continuing to support our Bayrish Schreiber Music Therapy Program.
To learn more about music therapy, read “Five Amazing Ways Music Therapy Can Help Children with Special Needs.”
I have NEVER seen J so ecstatically happy! He told me yesterday "I think things are finally looking up for me." Thank you all for taking a chance, believing in him, and giving him this wonderful opportunity and a bright future.