SINAI's Bayrish Schreiber Music Therapy Program uses music as a therapeutic tool to address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of our students. Led by a Board Certified Music Therapist, it offers a unique and innovative way to break through to children who have difficulties with language and communication.
Individually tailored to meet each child's specific needs, this music therapy program's goals include:
- developing pride and boosting self-esteem
- addressing emotional issues
- facilitating development in communication and sensorimotor skills
- developing social skills
- promoting cooperative learning
- increasing motiviation to participate more fully in other aspects of the educational setting
- improving frustration tolerance
- learning calming techniques which can be applied by the children to their daily lives
and, of course
- developing a love and appreciation for music
SINAI Schools gratefully acknowledges AJ and Leah Schreiber for establishing and continuing to support our Bayrish Schreiber Music Therapy Program.